First aid for poisonous frogs unlikely to cause
significant poisoning if the toxins are innoculated or ingested.
Wash skin with water
Irrigate mouth with copious amounts of water (do not swallow water).
Providing there is no conscious state or other impairment that might
render vomiting hazardous, through inhalation of vomitus, induction
of vomiting may be useful in cases where several frogs have been ingested.
Alternatively, consider absorption using activated charcoal.
While the major risk from poisoning by frog skin secretions is systemic
toxicity, particularly cardiac toxicity, resulting in cardiac arrhythmias,
altered blood pressure, cardiac failure or other related effects, or
neurotoxicity, generally a flaccid (or possibly spastic) paralysis,
which may extend to respiratory paralysis, on current evidence these
effects are not likely to be caused by these frogs. Carefully observe
for altered pulse rate or rhythm or signs of cardiac failure and support
cardiac function, if possible. Specifically, if there is cardiac arrest,
apply full external cardiorespiratory resuscitation. If there is flaccid
or spastic paralysis, protect the airway. If there is respiratory paralysis,
support respiration with expired air resuscitation.